Mom, dad, my brother, my mother in-law, and any family member on here who doesn’t want a little TMI, stop reading now.
When you’re younger, there are so many misconceptions about the magical world of doing it. You think things are going to just be amazing, but in reality, it takes a while for it to be amazing. Any teenager who says they have great sex, is either lying, or, they don’t know they are lying because they don’t know any better.
With that, here are some truths for you all to enjoy:
- Sixty-nining isn’t the be-all and end all. In fact, it’s nothing to write home about. It’s distracting, and let’s face it, what both of you are participating in are serious acts that need to be taken seriously and joyously if they are going to be pleasurable. One at a time people. I’m pretty sure everyone stops attempting this by the time they are 25, or at least, it becomes VERY infrequent.
- Like a fine wine, or George Clooney, it gets better with age. Every single year. Just when you think you had the best sex of your life, you go and out do yourself again.
- You should orgasm. Maybe not every time because that’s a lot of pressure for a woman to be under. But you should go most of the time and often, and more than once if you’re capable – this makes up for the odd time when it’s just not gonna happen. And, if you’re one of those ladies who doesn’t peak (if you know what i mean – wink-wink) from sex, then you owe it to yourself to make sure your partner gives you one in foreplay or helps you give yourself one during foreplay. It’s your duty to your vagina, mental health and overall happiness/satisfaction.
- The amount of partners that one has had, means nothing towards how good they are. It’s all about attentiveness baby (said to the tune of Puff Daddy’s All About the Benjamins).
- If you’re really not feeling up to it. Don’t do it. You don’t owe your body to anyone but yourself.
- That said, if you’re only kinda not feeling up to it, give it a little consideration before you flat out decide not to. Because, it’s so fun and most likely it will make you feel much better, or it will help you sleep if tiredness is what is holding you back. You’ll be glad you did and so will your partner! Win win?
- Provide direction. Something isn’t working for you? Or something could work better for you if there was just one tweak? Guide your partner. You guys are learning your bodies together so a little teacher/student action helps everyone. Think of it like video game that gives you great hints to get what you need done. And in this case, what you need done is you.
- Having sex for a really long time like an hour is not a good thing. That’s a painful thing. I remember when my friends would talk about how it was so great “we had sex for an hour and a half. He can go and go.” First of all, if that sex was pure doing it, then it sounds like you hurt today and second of all, sounds like he had a case of a whiskey wiener. Truthfully, some of the best sex you’ll have will be stolen quick moments that leave you like “whoa, where’d that come from?”
- Whiskey Wiener (definition – Webster’s): When a man is too drunk to finish and just keeps going and going like the Energizer Bunny. Sometimes, you just gotta call it quits.
- Don’t hold back. Don’t let societal expectations hold you back from something you both want to try. Consenting adults can and should get down with their fantasies. Nothing is degrading if you’re with someone you love and respect who loves and respects you.
- Drunk sex is rarely good sex. When you’re younger, many get drunk just so they have the courage to do it in the first place. But the thing about drunk sex is that it’s sloppy, you can’t always remember it, it’s sloppy (I know I said this already), and as mentioned above, the painful whiskey wiener is likely to occur or WORSE, you end up playing the game Mashed Potatoes. What’s that all about? When they try to go in, but instead everything just gets mashed up against your bits.
Truth be told, it’s pretty amazing that it continuously gets better. And everyone deserves a great sex life. It’s your right as a human to enjoy the most enjoyable thing. So get on it (literally?) and have yourself some amazing grown-up sex. Oh, and in the words of Teri’s dad, for the single folk or uncommitted folk “sex is good, sex is fun, don’t forget to wear your safety.”