Oh hey there, it sure has been a while. I’ve been cooking up some new projects and managed to let my biggest life project slide. Sorry about that. Anyway, since my last post, I’m pretty sure that the world has gone bonkers, yup, totally nuts. (90’s cartoon reference for those who are old/young enough).
Because of this, I wanted to do a summary piece that is reflective of the current world that we inhabit. From weather to politics, this world is (as some would say) getting out of hand. So to start:
- Donald Chump. Since announcing that he was going to run for president he has managed to insult all Mexicans, POW’s and serious political nerds. The scariest part of all of this, is that this (to use his term) “loser” is actually winning in the polls. What’s that all about? Hello America? Are you serious. I guess what this comes down to is that if America invested 1/10 of what they invest into war into their education system, then they wouldn’t have an idiotic Republican base that thinks Jesus and the Dinosaurs existed around the same time and that The Donald would be a great leader for ‘Murrica. And to his slogan about Making America Great Again, when America was truly great (after WWII), corporations weren’t people, the rich were heavily taxed, therefore distributing the wealth to those who really needed it, making the economy strong because everyone could afford a house, car and gosh darn dinner. Dick.
- El Chapo. So an expert Cocaine King drug smuggler cartel bossman known for tunnels, managed to tunnel out of jail. This is 1) scary, 2) so stupid. First of all, how does this guy have so much power? I’ll give you a hint; guns and money. Second of all, did you hear that his Twitter account which is supposedly run by his son threatened good ol’ Donald Chump for his comments about Mexicans. If I were Donald I would be legitimately terrified. I watched Breaking Bad, I know what Cartels are capable of.
- Fire actually leaped on to a highway in California setting fire to a bunch of cars. All I know if this was biblical times, we’d be sacrificing some major goats right about now to calm the angry man down. The end of the world is nigh you guys. Nigh.
- A Canadian MP compared Harper’s conservatives to Jesus and how bill C-51 is something Jesus would have done. You’re right, Jesus would have totes spied on everyone. Holy crap bag everyone, these are the people we have leading our country WTF.
- On the brighter side, Caitlyn Jenner gave the most compelling and articulate speech about the trans community and more importantly teenagers. Those poor kids go through so much internally let alone externally. They need our support and our compassion. Ps. I had no idea she was so articulate and graceful.
- A KKK rally brought out the scariest white people known to man. Uneducated, full of hate, and violence. Yay. Hatred is such a sad reality to live in. I’m scared of those people and feel sorry for them all at once.
- It is confirmed that McDonald’s has a secret menu. WTF. I want to eat all the secret stuff.
- A shark head-butted a surfer in a way to communicate “Get out of my ocean.” Ok, shark, I won’t go ever again.
- Over the last year, Mr. Cosby’s real personality was brought forward. Turns out he’s a disgusting rapist and uses his power over young girls. Also turns out that I’m devastated. It’s really heartbreaking when someone you looked up to and idolized turns out to be a real life monster.
- Ashley Madison has been hacked and is threatening to release info on all their users. Personally, as disgusting as I think Ashley Madison is, releasing that info will destroy a lot of lives and families. Hopefully/maybe this is the scare that those disgusting cheaters needed to realize that they are messing up their entire lives. That website should be shut down, ashamed of itself, and forgotten. Not displayed for the world to see.
I know that I’ve missed somethings, I’m sure of it in fact, but I think that 10 things is more than we, or I can handle for one post.