These days also known as The Worst Days TM have the ability to make you feel like all you want is your blankie while devouring an entire bowl of cookie dough. And the worst part about wanting those things is that your mom threw out your blankie when you were 11 because it was filled with holes and blood stains from your frequent nightly nosebleeds and eating that much cookie dough will give you the scoots. What’s that all about? So before you start to resort to talking in baby talk and cease showering all together here are some things to try and/or keep in mind:
- Cry it out in private. And ugly cry the crap out of how you feel.
- Songza’s Mom Jean Jams is as close to amazing as a playlist can get. From Alanis, to T-Swift, to Michael Jackson, and Pat Benatar, if you want a playlist that can hit your heart and at the same time inspire some incredibly loud singing, this playlist can get you through pretty much anything.
- Count all the good things in your life. Even if you only have one good thing, that’s more than some people. So count it over and over and over again.
- Call your mom. Mom’s are the best. Gosh so are dads. I have the best parents on earth. I know you may think that you do, but I do. I took a poll of myself and came up with the result that my parents are number 1.
- Eat a normal amount of cookie dough. Not the tube. Just a normal human amount.
- Pick up your cat (or dog) and sing them ‘your’ song. Oh you don’t have a song with your dog? That’s because dogs aren’t as good as cats. Mine and Tuna’s song is For Once in My Life by Mr. Stevie Wonder. Jealous much?
- Reassess what you truly love to do and then start doing it.
- Look at how funny the word reassess is. Re-ass, asses. All around, it’s a funny word.
- Remind yourself that only you have the power to change your destiny. Set up meetings with people who have the jobs that you want. Find out how you can get to where they are.
- Snuggle the crap out of your partner. Be sure however, to not suffocate them because you need them to be alive in you times of need, times of lust, and times of sitting on the couch.
- Iced. Coffee.
- Make a recording of yourself singing and post to YouTube. Pray you’re finally discovered.
- Showering is always a great idea. You kinda stink.
- Lotto 649 Just Imagine.
See, life’s not so bad. Now go play dress-up with yourself and pretend your going to a ball tonight.