In my life I have spent a lot of time alone. I have lived by myself at my family cottage when it seemed like no one else on the lake was ever up. I have had roommates who have had boyfriends while I was single rendering me home alone a lot. In general, I love my alone time. I’m a naturally social person however if I don’t get some proper alone time I wear out. Solitude to recharge is my best medicine. Sometimes, when Mr. Opposite goes out, I won’t make plans with any of my friends just so I can stay home by myself.
The thing is, as much as I love my alone time, my imagination doesn’t necessarily like it. What’s that all about? Because of this, I have some of the most random thoughts while alone. For example:
- Cats are the best.
- These pants are too tight. I’m going to take them off.
- I’m going to choke on something. The corner of that shelf looks good to thrust myself against to save my life.
- Is 8 cookies too many cookies?
- Oh no, a serial killer is going to try to break in. Double check every lock. Ok, triple check.
- It’s fun to not have pants on.
- What if a stray bullet comes into my house and get me in the neck? Aka neck bullet.
- Spiders. Spiders everywhere.
- Is that a raccoon? Nope. There’s nothing there.
- Thank god I have Tuna. (my cat).
- When is Mr. Opposite going to get home. Oh god, someone murdered him.
- Ok. He’s fine. You’re crazy Jennifer.
- If no one sees me eat this, it doesn’t count right?
- Seriously, what’s that noise?
- Someone could come in here with a chainsaw.
- That neighbour has a really odd shed. I’ve seen Criminal Minds, I know what people with sheds like that do. They kill people and kidnap them. I hope they don’t notice me when I walk by. I’m going to sit on the patio and stare at it for a while.
- God I love my cat.
- Cats. Cats. Cats.
As you can see I’m clearly a paranoid cat lady who has watched far too much CSI and Criminal Minds. Imagination overload.