With Canada’s October Election quickly approaching it’s been making me reflect as to what kind of world I want to live in. In many ways I’m a complete idealist and in others I’m a little conservative, but in every way I’m a humanitarian who believes everyone born should have the same rights as the next. What’s that all about? Crazy I know. Because of this, I decided that if one day I decide to run for supreme ruler of the world, this is what I’d implement:
- First things first, I’d establish global healthcare. Every living person would have access to free healthcare. Call me a socialist, but I don’t think staying alive should cost you your house. For example, if one country develops the cure for cancer, I’d make it available in every country, and I’d make it free (covered by taxes of course). I’d take the profit out of pharma and make it a mandatory human decency thing.
- Second, I’d gather all the leaders of the richest corporations and I’d have a “Come to Jesus” meeting with them. Please note that a Come to Jesus meeting has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with common sense and determining a path to get you through the fog. Clearly these guys are rich enough, and it’s appalling that they can’t see it. After they’ve come to their senses, we’d restructure so that no person has to live in poverty. There are more than enough money and resources to give every human a decent life. I’d be like ‘hey rich men, don’t you think your 10 houses and three yachts are enough? Don’t you think it’s time you started to pay your employees more than a livable wage? Maybe consider setting aside a legacy fund where people can apply for money to start businesses with no interest. Yes, no interest. Better yet, gift it. Gift the money and expect nothing in return’
- I’d cancel all Kardashian TV shows.
- I’d eliminate all factories/companies that don’t abide by human rights and decency. And companies that don’t respect animal rights. Sure I want my chicken, but I don’t want that chicken to live in darkness with no feathers. I want that chicken to live on a farm outside, and eat natural food. Then I want to eat him. Don’t worry, all the eliminated companies/factories would be replaced with kind companies that paid all their employees a good wage and kept them in safe conditions. No one would become unemployed by this.
- I’d reduce the wealth gap by implementing a ratio in how much the top can earn. And if the top wants to make more, they’d have to pay their staff more. That’s it.
- Every person, would have to take basic education that focuses on kindness, empathy and understanding.
- I wouldn’t force Nickleback on anyone.
- I’d rename the international bridge between Windsor/Detroit.
- Actually, everyone would have access to education, and a good education. Based on science, bettering the world and themselves.
- Religion would be removed from all politics. That’s personal, not public.
- I’d take the profit out of universities. It shouldn’t cost that much to get a good education. It should be merit based. Hard work should be rewarded.
- Each person would have the right to do with their body as they please. From birth control, abortions, vasectomies, it’s your body. Do what you want.
- Any consenting adult anywhere can marry any consenting adult they want.
- More money would be invested in science research. They would develop environmental best practices to eliminate the impact we have on this earth. Large bonuses would be payed to the teams that invents the most sustainable program yearly.
- Religion would be taken out of all politics. It has no place there anyway.
- Violent criminals would be removed from society and put in care factories where they are surrounded by loving individuals. They will stay there until they can be a productive healthy member of society.
- Equal rights. Period.
Clearly, I’m a dreamer/hippy/socialist/idealist. I know all of this can’t happen. But wouldn’t it be nice?