According to Pew Research Centre, Millennial adults are those who were born from 1981-1997. This means I’m technically a Millennial having been born in 1985. Just kidding ’81, I’m 33 now, my Jesus year, expecting to rise up to the challenge of my rivals this year. But am I really a Millennial? Do I really count as one? What’s that all about?
Because of this, I did one of Pew’s quizzes to see just how Millennial I am and it turns out, I’m not quite Millennial due to my dinosaur type traits that I posses.
- We have a landline. I only have it though because it made my cable/internet bill $70 cheaper.
- Speaking of cable, I still watch TV. I love TV. I love commercials. I love not having to think about what I’m going watch. Don’t worry I have Netflix too. I just don’t always like to have to search for things to watch, I like to find them instead.
- I still have a Yahoo! and a Hotmail email account. And I still use my Hotmail account. I’m sorry, I mean Outlook because Hotmail doesn’t exist anymore. That said I also have a Gmail account, which I’m trying to use more often.
- I know who Paul McCartney is. I know who all the Beatles are and I know that Paul’s last name is McCartney, not McCarthy. I also know that he’s way more famous than Kanye ever will be.
- I remember when we got call waiting. It was because my brother had a girlfriend and he was always on the phone. But don’t worry, when we got call waiting he had a new girlfriend and even though the phone would beep to tell him that there was another call on the line, he still didn’t answer.
- I also remember when we got our first computer. It was a beautiful Commodore 64. This is also how I found out Santa didn’t exist because my brother and I were sneaking and found the computer before Christmas and then mom and dad said Santa gave it to us. Liars.
- I didn’t get my first cellphone until I was 21. It was my mom’s cellphone. My dad gave it to me because she didn’t use hers and my 1990 Topaz had broken down on some scary street and I had to flag some old man down who also didn’t have a cellphone which led me to get into his car and get dropped off at a gas station. Super safe if you ask me.
- I like to talk on the phone. Not always, but sometimes it’s the best.
- I get overwhelmed sometimes with technical stuff and often choose not to learn how to do things.
So with all this, it leads be to believe that I’m not truly a Millennial. But maybe I am, because:
- I’m a multi-tasker to the max.
- And, Super socially connected. Twitstagrambook. Etc.
- And, I require instant gratification all the time.
- And, work-life balance is a key factor for me.
- And, teamwork makes the dreamwork.
- And I like to have complete transparency with my employers and am very focused on my career advancement.
AND I don’t know. I’m so confused. Maybe I’m bi-lennial or an XY mix? Is that a thing?