For most of my life, I always thought that I was supposed to find someone older. It’s like I was preconditioned by history to find an older man who could take care of me – you know, like instincts or something. What’s that all about? The truth is, in reality (aka real life), I don’t need a man to take care of me. Not at all.
Because I was mostly single for 29 years, I learned how to function quite well on my own (not that you can’t learn to take care of yourself while coupled up…I’m just talking about my own experience girlfriends). Luckily however, thanks to Mr. Opposite, I no longer need to be 100% self-sufficient. I now have someone to rely on for the support I need when I think I need it, and the support I need even when I don’t think I need it. The latter happens quite often because I tend to be kinda bullheaded 90% of the time.
Anyway, in today’s world, you don’t need to marry a man for ‘security’ purposes. You can be your own security personnel and marry the person who makes you feel the best, rather than the person who makes the most money. Make your own damn money. Instead, you can marry someone who treats you the way you deserve and loves you unconditionally. It’s pretty awesome. You can marry younger, older, same age, male, female, rich, poor, tall or short. Really you can now marry for love and not because they have the nicest goat in the village. You now have options!
Don’t get me wrong, an older man and/or an older richer man could be the perfect person for you. They could be your lobster – in fact there are lots of pluses with being with a man of maturity. It’s just that it’s no longer mandatory to look for ‘security’, you dig? You can offer your own security, plus, younger men have so much to offer as well!
With this, comes a list of all the awesome reasons to date younger men:
- The young ones are so cute! (OMG I sound like a creep)
- You are, by default, the sophisticated one in the relationship. Winning. (Maybe this isn’t a fact, but because you are older, you can think it, and if you think it and believe it, then it’s true right?)
- When you reach your sexual peak…they can still keep up. (Gitty-up) That’s a boner pun if you catch my drift.
- Less back problems. Or at least delayed back issues. (Why does it seem like all men have back issues in their late 30’s?)
- Statistically speaking, women live longer than men. So, if you’re with a younger man, you’re more likely to grow old together and die on the same day. And to me, that sounds just perfect. A big thank you to The Notebook for introducing me to this thought and to the White Lies for reminding me!
Strange thing is, for most of my life, it was always the younger ones that perused me…it must be my youthful appearance and happy-go-lucky nature. Haha. Barf. Clearly, Mr. Opposite is younger. Go me!