While watching Rebel Wilson’s amazing interview/dance-a-thon on Jimmy Fallon over lunch today (if you don’t watch the above video, I will walk over to where you are and slap you backhanded with my ring on), I had an epiphany. I should be on Jimmy Fallon. What? Yes, I said that. I know it’s very modest of me, but let’s pause and think about it for a second. There are many many many reasons for me to be interviewed on his show, which is why I made my very first video post!!! See below:
If you don’t have time to watch the video, you can read why I think Jimmy should interview me when I’m in New York May 12-15th:
- I’m not racist. What’s that all about? This means that you don’t have to worry too much about me saying something that offends an entire subsection of the population.
- I can dance. Not like So You Think You Can Dance styles, but I gots moves. For example, I can still Roger Rabbit, I can Windsor shake with the best of them (this is when you stand in one spot and shake your butt repeatedly) and I’ve perfected the Mom dance. This dance involves a lot of wide steps, an overly exaggerated smile and some big claps above your head. It’s a stellar move. Legendary actually.
- My face is pretty much symmetrical. Except when drinking, then one eye becomes slightly smaller than the other. Not that having a symmetrical face gives you the rights to be on Jimmy Fallon, but I figured I had to try.
- To steal Lena Dunham line in Girls ‘I may be the voice of my generation.’ I’m not quite sure that this is all that true, however that’s why I included the word ‘may’, making the statement vague and not at all factual.
- According to myself I’m very funny. Just ask me. It’s one of the first things I tell people.
- I’ll sing. I’ll do it. Sometimes I’m on key, sometimes I’m not. It’s like a vocal roulette.
- I on purpose look out my window hoping to see my neighbours doing something naked. I can talk about this as long as needed.
- For my 31st birthday I asked for world peace. And 30 other things, but world peace is pretty rad.
- I will help Jimmy and team write and choreograph the MJ Beat it social media parody, Just Tweet It.
- It would really help Jen Talks Too Much grow and that is a big dream of mine.
Start spreading news Jimmy…I’m going to be in New York from the 12-15 of May. If those dates don’t work for you, I can come again. Just let me know when works.
Please share this post with your social networks to see if a little blogger girl from Toronto can finagle her way onto Jimmy Fallon!
Ps. this is my first video post so constructive criticism is welcomed. Criticism that will make me cry however is not welcomed. Not. At. All.