From time to time, there comes a point in most peoples lives when they look in the mirror and think, ‘Man, I need a make-over and stat’. For others, their make-over epiphany happens when their friends give them a style intervention and send secret footage to What Not to Wear. This results in embarrassment and sometimes hilarity. Mostly embarrassment. So, in my expert opinion (yes I’m an expert, I’m an expert on everything obviously), if you look at yourself in the mirror, and your style hasn’t been updated since the time in your life you last felt cool, maybe it’s time to spruce things up a bit. Maybe?
Anyway, in the last few weeks, that mirror moment happened for me. But not for my actual style as I’ll definitely need to be What Not to Wear’d – my clothes are mostly vintage. Vintage, meaning I bought or was given them 5 years ago and they are bally and faded. The make-over was done to my website. Yep, it’s true. In case you haven’t noticed, Jen Talks Too Much got a much needed facelift. I know you’re all applauding. You can stop now. People around you probably think you’re weird.
With the help of Brian Gilbank from FitnessFind.ca, Jen Talks Too Much, no longer looks like a site that a 31 year old unhip lady has. It now looks totally up-to-date, fresh, and in my ‘expert’ opinion, pretty f’n amazing! Thanks Brian!
I bet you’re probably thinking three things; 1) what’s changed?, 2) what’s not done yet? and 3) FitnessFind.ca – What’s that all about? Well, don’t fret my friends, I have some answers for you:
- My home page is a whole lot cooler. You can find several posts there and you can get to all my social media stuff on the right hand side.
- If you don’t want to go to my social media stuff on the right hand side, I have a whole page dedicated to it! YEAH!!
- I’m selling ad space. If you’re a brand and you want to advertise on my site, just send me an email and we’ll start talking!
- I have a wicked masthead that showcases some of the illustrations that are going to be in my book when ever I finish it. Jen Huggins is beyond talented and is the BEST!
What’s going to change?:
- I’m getting myself a legit logo!! Dylan Upper (aka DylBot) has volunteered to design me a kick-ass logo. And when I say volunteer, I mean I’m going to give him a bottle of Chianti, and drop off some butter chicken from Mother India. Dyl is a super talented designer that I worked with at OneMethod. He’s pretty rad. Go to his portfolio here: dylanupper.com/
- Because I’m not the most technically savvy person out there, there are still some kinks to be worked out on the site. I’m going to fix them. One day. In due time.
What is FitnessFind.ca?:
- This is Brian’s baby. It’s a super rad site and application where you can find & claim free gym passes & exclusive offers from any fitness facility in Canada.
- It makes finding your fitness super easy and convenient. Hence the tag: FitnessFind. Find Your Fitness Here!
- For those who like to work out, it’s pretty awesome. I’m not one of those people yet, but I’m working on it. I just need to perform a Jedi Mind Meld on myself tricking me into liking the pain that comes with the gain.
So, that’s what’s been going on in my world. Let me know what you think!