For a long time, I was another one of those Holiday Haters.
Every year, I’d get stressed out, hyper-emotional and would ruin the holidays for myself. Looking back, there was no real reason for this hatred; I have a great family, great friends and I am spoiled rotten every season. But still, the holidays would come around and I would be struck by the holiday blues.
I think my disdain for the Holidays happened for a few reasons:
1) I was ALWAYS single and I’d go home to Windsor where my friends were ALWAYS not single. That sucked. I’d feel lonely and then pick a fight with my poor friend Andrea.
2) We stopped having the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER at my Grandparents and I was a big baby that couldn’t except change.
3) I think I just needed something to hate.
Somehow, however, over the last 5 years my feelings have changed; it’s as though my heart grew three sizes and I fell deeply in love into the warmth, family and all around wonderfulness surrounding the holidays.
So, after reading the post on Funny or Die about the 8 Things to Hate About the Holidays, I figured I should write the things I LOVE about the holidays:
- Skating outside.
- Tinsel and tacky trees.
- Stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes and turkey on one fork. What’s that all about? Awesomeness, that’s what!
- Christmas bows that double as cat toys.
- Christmas boxes that double as cat toys.
- Seven straight days of having a buzz and no one judging you.
- Christmas parties!
- Everything is sparkly.
What’s not to love about parties, sparkles, cats, and old men with white beards? Nothing, absolutely nothing. As you can see, I now love Christmas & Hanukkah, Christmukkah, Festivus and all other holiday celebrations.