For the past several months I have been successfully, quietly dating a friend of mine. Yes, successfully.
- He’s amazingly nice to me and he doesn’t think I need to head to the gym to work on my ‘decent frame’.
- He’s not bi-curious. In fact…he’s straight. This is a big step for me! Not going to lie, if the dude you’re dating confesses that he’s bi-curious you should immediately bow-out. Don’t try to force something. He likes wiener…he can’t help it. Take him to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert and then help him pick up dudes while you dance your tail off at a gay bar.
- My opinion and feelings (yikes, I just said feelings) matter. He doesn’t call me a big baby when something upsets me, he helps me through it.
What the strange thing about the two of us is, we are complete and total opposites.
- I’m short, he’s tall.
- I like the sun, he likes night.
- I love everything, he hates everything. He actually hates EVERYTHING. I have a list of all the things he said he hated in 2 weeks…It’s three pages long.
- I was the student council type that participated in everything, he hated those people.
- I’ll talk to anyone, he barely likes talking to me sometimes.
- I LOVE top 40 (and real music too). He’d rather cut his ears off then ever hear the sound of Adele’s voice. (This one infuriates me because she is so talented she’s capable of making me weep).
- He’s patient, I don’t understand what that word means unless it has to do with a doctor.
Anyway, we don’t have much in common. Other than we both always want to eat the best piece of pizza in the box and we both want to sleep on the right side of the bed (what’s that all about? That’s my side of the bed!!!). However for some strange reason, we actually work. For the first time in my 29 years, I am in a healthy, balanced relationship. Who would have thought that all you had to do to find a great relationship was first: get involved with someone who respects you, second: you have a lot of fun with and third…likes girls. Oh and great make out skills are a must!
He will still remain nameless!