It’s that time of year again, when Gentlemen throughout the world grow creepy perverted mustaches to raise money for prostate cancer. It’s an amazing, gross, wonderful, creepy, creative campaign. Last year, 255,722 men and women across the globe raised $42 million (CAD) – AMAZEBALLS!
During the month of Movember many woman bitch and complain because they think their men look horrible. What’s that all about? The mustache is awesome, the mustache is disgusting, the mustache makes them look like perverts, and really the truth is…they do look horrible - HORRIBLY AWESOME!
BUT, with all that said, here’s why Movember and more importantly why the mustache is awesome:
- My favourite pics of my dad are the ones from the 70′s when he sported an equally creepy mustache!
- Mustaches tickle…who doesn’t like getting tickled?
- Jokes are awesome. You can make many jokes at their expense and they have to take it…it’s for charity after all!
- At some point in your life, someone you know will have cancer (sad, but true) so why not support a fun way to raise money/awareness?
- The parties at the end are awesome.
- When mustache owners eat, often food gets stuck in the mustache and they are able to have a snack saved for later.
- Prostates help with the mating process and procreation. Isn’t that why we’re here? To make babies? (awkward)
- There’s something strangely attractive and intriguing about a mustache on a hot dude, almost sexy even (I can’t believe I just admitted that).
- AND you can’t get bored, as there are many varieties of the mustache.
So ladies and gents, quit your whining and relish in the fact that for 1 whole month you can openly mock your manfriend/colleagues/bosses/dads/brothers and self.
My fingers are crossed that when they do find the cure for cancer, the month of Movember will live on and all the men can let their inner perv roam free for one month and one month only…unless of course they start a Maugust(which is growing a mustache for the sake of showing off who can take public humilition the longest).