When Jersey Shore first came out, it seemed to me that most people watched it because it was the most over the top reality show to date. In truth, I watched it a few times and was sucked in each and every time.
I found the show to be similar to a car crash – you are absolutely compelled to slow down and take a look.That worries me, is that because the show has been on for so long, people are starting to forget that it’s completely absurd and they are beginning to emulate the show. It’s insane.
This epidemic is similar to when Paris Hilton was a big deal. At first everyone thought she was a big joke, but then because she was EVERYWHERE in the media, people – girls in particular – started to change.
- Toy dogs were everywhere
- ‘That’s hot’ was made into t-shirts and girls started to talk like valley girls again
- Filming yourself having sex was appropriate
- And the best diet in the world was the Hollywood Diet – coke and Diet Coke
It truly was a sad state of affairs.
But now with Jersey Shore, I must say, this is as bad as it can get:
- ‘Juice heads’ are cool – I’ve always found steroids to be sickatating, plus there’s no bonus to it: thunder thighs, flaccid wanger, fits of anger
- Mini-skirts and orange skin – Never a good idea
- Cleavage that leaves nothing to the imagination – At this point, shirts may be redundant
- Fist pumping is a skill used for picking up chicks – WTF?
- Men think that showing their belly button is the most efficient way to seal the deal
- Guidettes trying to be known as DTF – Listen, I’m all for woman’s lib and being able to have sex like man, but come on, what’s that all about? Have some decency and some self respect. These girls are humiliating themselves for the attention of unintelligent d-bags.
As you can see, we are in a state of crisis. Manners and class are being robbed from society.