Because of Mad Men’s popularity, and Christina Hendricks ‘bod for sin’, having curves is all the rage. It’s like it’s a new revolution.
Once upon a time, women were celebrated for their curves: Marilyn Monroe, Melanie Griffith, Jessica Rabbit…etc. but then something happened. Eating became taboo.
For years and years and years, only skinny twigs have been on TV (ex. cast of Friends), and now finally, real ladies are on the tele. Beautiful woman, that…wait for it…have some body fat. AHHH I said the word FAT.
Being a total girl, I’ve always been afraid of that horrible word. Fat. What’s that all about? Even when I was ‘university-fat’, I was still scared of that word. But what’s actually scary about it? A little fat does a body good.
Here’s a few reasons why you shouldn’t be afraid of a little fat:
- Omega something something fat – good for you
- Saying ‘girl, you phat’ – also good
- Garfield, he’s totally fat – totally awesome
- Choco-chip cookies, main ingredient – fat – Choco-chip cookies = Best. Thing. Ever.
- A little fat = fertile…yep, I’m saying it - BABIES
- Boobs are made of fat and everyone loves boobs
In truth, I’m a curvy lady. I’m curvy, because I like food. Eating is something I do regularily, daily in fact. Here’s a list of why eating is a great idea:
- When you don’t eat, peach fuzz grows all over your face…gross.
- It’s hard enough to be pleasant on a day to day basis, let alone having hunger hate.
- Eating can be a topic of conversation. When you run out of things to say, you can always tell someone what you ate all day. People love that.
- And the main reason why eating is a great idea…IT’S AWESOME, and not everyone is lucky enough to get to do it, so if you have access to food my reco is to eat it.
This post was supposed to be about something entirely different. I was going to talk about work clothes. Whatevs, a little positive body image talk is good for everyone. And if your bod is built for sin…revel in it. In the words of Billy Joel – only the good die young.