Mad Men = Best. Show. Ever.
As I’ve mentioned before, I work in Madvertising. I say Madvertising, because you have to be mad to work in advertising. It’s wonderful, but so stress driven that everyone who works in it is a little bonkers.
Because of my love of advertising, naturally, I love the show Mad Men. Here is a list of why I love Mad Men:
- Don Draper is a cold, sexy, troubled man
- Joan – she’s just amazing
- When Roger asked Peggy to get him a coffee, she blankly said no. It was awesome!
- They are always drinking…always
- Smoking, smoking everywhere
- Last but not least, it’s about advertising
Anyway, last week I entered the Mad Men contest that AMC and Banana Republic is promoting. For the contest you need to submit a picture of yourself in your best Mad Men look. People then vote on their favourite image and the 10 top female pictures and the ten top male pictures go to judging. From there the image that is the most Mad Men like and creative wins.
What do they win you ask? They get to be on the SHOW!!!
Here’s the thing, I have a little over 400 votes, which isn’t that bad considering I entered on Thursday, HOWEVER I’m competing against people who have received 500,000 votes. What’s that about? How did they even manage that?
So, to help raise my votes I’ve compiled a list as to why you may want to vote for my image:
- I worked with a local talented designer/photographer/motions/artist…etc. Ryan Otake to come up with the concept and take the shot
- I work in advertising
- You have nothing better to do
- Because I’m from Toronto and you want a Toronto Mad Girl to be on the show
- You like the colour purple (not the movie, but the colour)
- The picture Ryan took is beautiful. Not because of me, but because of how he caught the light and the angle.
- The other pictures aren’t that great. JS-ing!
The image I posted, I feel has the potential to win if it makes it past the popularity vote. So what I need from you well, is to vote, vote daily…and maybe share it. Vote here: http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/MVB51G
Your Mad Girl