Being the ripe ole age of 28 many of my friends are either LISING (aka. living in sin, aka. I’m joking about that term), may as well be LISING or married. So, that being said, I cannot count the times when my coupled off friends have made the comment ‘I haven’t had a drink in forever’ or ‘I haven’t been drunk in AGES’. I, myself am still single and therefore I go out on dates (some months more dates than others, but none-the-less, I am dating).
I’m not implying that I have a drinking problem or a dating problem – I too will go AGES with out having a drink, however, when you’re dating…you’re drinking. What’s that all about? I will tell you.
Dating = Drinking – It’s a math equation.
1) First dates are awkward interviews. How many times have you been on an interview when you wished you could have a little drink to ease the stress?
2) Pretty much, until you’re ready to get down to business with someone, you want to be in a public setting – aka. Let’s meet for drinks.
3) Sad but true, having one or two drinks makes conversation easier. You’re more relaxed.
4) When it’s a bad date, a good drink can make it better.
5) Since there’s so much awkwardness around:
- should we kiss?
- should we not kiss?
- should I invite him up?
- should I not?
- what will happen if I invite him up?
- do I really want him to stay over?
5 – continued) Sad but true AGAIN, until you’re totally comfortable with someone, a light buzz makes all these decisions easier. It even makes a mad dash to the door a little easier – ex. ‘Oh there’s my cab, gotta go’ and then you bolt without even a high five.
So, when you are actively dating, like say a couple of dates a week, that means you are having drinks a couple of times a week. So when you take that, and add it to your regular social life it equates to your liver wishing that you’d hurry up and find someone you like and are comfortable with because it’s sick of getting damaged, and your body’s tired of getting fat.